Video MicroLesson: Restarting Courses from Resources in Schoology
Are you ready to start the new semester? While there are a ton of moving parts to get in order, rebuilding your courses should be the least of your worries ... if you use Schoology at least.
In this 12 minute video, I'll walk you through the best practices for rebuilding your courses using the resources you saved from the semester before. If you saved your courses to resources (and you definitely should have) then starting new courses with the same content is quick and easy.
In this video, you learn:
- Why you should create new courses instead of using existing ones (0:13)
- Whether or not to link your course sections and how to do so (0:55)
- How to copy your grade settings, scales, and rubrics from a previous course (3:40)
- How to reuse course content saved from the semester prior (4:40)
- How to hide future units and lessons in your course from students (8:50)
- How to bulk edit due dates of graded items for the upcoming semester (9:33)
- How to update the Final Grade Settings (10:43)
Make sure to watch my two minute video on how to save your course materials to resources. This simple trick will save you tons of time at the beginning of every semester.