Two Great Ways to Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
Do you remember who your favorite teacher was? Do you remember why?
Personally, I’ve had dozens of teachers who’ve made an impact in my life. From Mr. Gulotta, my 5th Grade Math Teacher who taught me about the importance of kindness in elementary school to Mrs. Behan, my High School Advisor and AP Bio Teacher who showed me the importance of building supportive communities, I’ve been blessed with incredible role models whose lessons extended beyond the classroom.
Fast forward to today and I am lucky enough to work for Schoology building and celebrating a global community of educators filled with the Mr. Gulotta’s and Mrs. Behan’s of the world. This gives me the opportunity to engage with amazing people who hold the keys to their students’ futures.
That’s why I am excited to present you with two ways that you can celebrate educators this May for Teacher Appreciation Week. I hope you’ll join us on Twitter (@Schoology) and give a shout out to the teachers who’ve impacted your life.
Two Ways to Celebrate Educators for Teacher Appreciation Week
#1 Send Them a Beautiful Card via Twitter from May 8–12 and Enter our Social Contest
From May 8–12, join us on Twitter for a week-long celebration highlighting the impact of educators in their community and beyond. We’ve created some great cards that you can send to your favorite teacher(s) with a simple click.
What’s great is that every teacher you send a card to is entered to win a $25 Amazon gift card. 10 teachers mentioned will win.
Go to this page to tweet your favorite teacher one of our cards and learn the details on how to make them eligible to win.
#2 Apply or Nominate Someone for Schoology NEXT’s Educator or Administrator of the Year by May 26
The second way to celebrate your favorite instructor, administrator, or colleague is by nominating them to be one of our Schoology NEXT Educators of the Year. This is our annual acknowledgement of Schoology users who are going above and beyond the call of duty to transform learning for the better.
This year, winners will receive:
- A free ticket to our annual user conference, Schoology NEXT 2017 in Chicago, IL!
- A special award created by the same company that designs some of the most iconic awards in pop culture
- A profile and story featured on the Schoology Exchange and our social channels seen by tens of thousands of education professionals around the world
- A chance to be interviewed for additional news and press stories
- Recognition during the awards ceremony at Schoology NEXT 2017
How to Apply Yourself or Nominate Someone Else
You have the option to apply or nominate someone else for an award. To apply, submit an essay or a video (uploaded to YouTube and shared via a link) answering: "How have you advanced what's possible in your classroom, district, or institution with Schoology?" Just keep in mind that the focus of this is about you or the person you nominate, not Schoology.
Submissions will be judged on:
- Being able to demonstrate meaningful, measurable results (25%)
- Knowledgeable and/or innovative use of Schoology (25%)
- How well it addresses the prompt, “How have you advanced what's possible in your classroom, district, or institution with Schoology?” (50%)
Applications are due by Friday, May 26 and winners will be notified in June. You do not need to be registered for Schoology NEXT to apply for an award.