Teacher Appreciation Week: 2 Ways to Celebrate Your Teachers and Peers
To be completely honest, I never thought I would wind up in the education space. I majored in Marketing always thinking I would end up working at a marketing firm. But here I am now, working at a company whose mission is to celebrate educators and empower them with the tools they need to succeed ... and it has truly opened my eyes in the best way possible.
Over the course of just one month, I’ve seen thousands of educators around the world share resources they’ve created on their own time to make sure their students are prepared and ready for whatever comes their way.
Most importantly, I’ve seen teachers go above and beyond for students who may be struggling, inside and outside of the classroom. We've all heard the lofty descriptors used for teachers—e.g., passionate, dedicated, self-sacrificing, etc.—but I, like many others, had just never seen it from this perspective.
Teachers, you deserve a ton of credit, and I’m excited to announce a fun way that we can celebrate amazing educators like you for Teacher Appreciation Week on Twitter (@Schoology). It's a contest that I hope will foster interesting and creative dialogue between the members of the education community. More details on the contest can be found below.
Although the contest is just for five days, we not only honor and recognize teachers during Teacher Appreciation Week, but every week, and I encourage you to take on that same mindset, if you haven’t already.
2 Ways to Celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week
Participate in the Teacher Appreciation Contest Called 5 Day—5 Questions—5 Prizes
From May 7–11, join us on Twitter for a 5-day long celebration highlighting the impact of educators in their community and beyond. We have some great questions in store for you and we can’t wait to see your answers!
The best part is, there will be one winner each day! That means 5 chances to win a fun prize and 5 chances to interact with your fellow educators.
You can find the full instructions in this announcement tweet.
Apply for Schoology NEXT’s Educator, Administrator, or District/Institution of the Year by May 25
Another way to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week is by applying to be one of our Schoology NEXT Educators of the Year, Administrator of the Year, or District/Institution of the Year. This is our annual acknowledgement of educators and districts who are going above and beyond the call of duty to transform learning for the better.
This year, Schoology NEXT’s Educator of the Year and Administrator of the Year winners will receive:
- One free ticket to our annual user conference, Schoology NEXT 2018 in San Diego, CA!
- A special award created by the same company that designs some of the most iconic awards in pop culture
- A profile and story featured on the Schoology Blog and our social channels seen by tens of thousands of education professionals around the world
- A chance to be interviewed for additional news and press stories
- Recognition during the awards ceremony at Schoology NEXT 2018
*Schoology District/Institution of the Year will receive all of the above PLUS be featured in an Advance What’s Possible Video centered around your district.
How to Apply
To apply, submit an essay or a video (uploaded to YouTube and shared via a link) answering: "How have you or your institution advanced what's possible in the classroom or institution with Schoology?" Just keep in mind that the focus of this is about you or the institution you nominate, not Schoology.
Submissions will be judged on:
- Being able to demonstrate meaningful, measurable results (25%)
- Knowledgeable and/or innovative use of Schoology (25%)
- How well it addresses the prompt, “How have you advanced what's possible in your classroom or institution with Schoology?” (50%)
- Applications are due by May 25 and winners will be notified in June. You do not need to be registered for Schoology NEXT to apply for an award.