Start the Year Off Right: Schoology Ambassador Applications are Now Open!
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! You’ve settled into the new school year and you’re thinking to yourself...what can I do to make this year a little bit better than the last? Well, look no further, because 2018-2019 Ambassador Applications are officially open!
Although we have been accepting applications on an ongoing basis over the past year, we are now in our final push to recruit new Ambassadors before relaunching the program this October. We’re so excited to dive into the applications we receive and learn more about all of your stories, whether you loved the program so much last year and came back for more, or you’re brand new!
New Ambassadors are selected annually in the fall. Applications are due Sunday, October 1, so apply before then to be considered for the 2018-2019 program.
What does it mean to be a Schoology Ambassador?
Schoology Ambassadors are passionate, engaged, and knowledgeable leaders who are the voice of our community. In a Schoology Ambassador, we look for:
- Expertise—They are experienced Schoology users who have a deep understanding of the platform and who are finding innovative uses for Schoology.
- Responsiveness—They respond regularly to questions and contribute to the collective knowledge of the Schoology Community in our Public Groups and on social media.
- Leadership—They represent the Schoology brand accurately, they respect fellow community members, and they relay feedback from the community to our team.
- Evangelism—They share their experiences of Schoology with their PLNs, while also encouraging others to move further down the path of digital learning.
- Activity—They are a vocal advocate for educational technology, including Schoology, on their blog and/or their social media networks.
- Engagement—They stay active and engaged with Ambassador activities throughout the entire length of their terms. One term is a 12-month commitment.
If you feel like you embody these characteristics or know someone who does, we encourage you to apply or nominate someone for the Schoology Ambassador Program today.
Application Tip: Getting nominated up to three times can count for extra points on someone’s application. For more information on how we select Ambassadors, check out our scoring criteria.
Join A One Of A Kind PLN
Pictured above are some of our Schoology Ambassadors with our CEO, Jeremy Friedman. They were all able to reconnect at our Sip and Splash event at Schoology NEXT. Who wouldn’t want to be a part of this fun group?
Aside from receiving exclusive (and awesome) Schoology Ambassador swag, being a Schoology Ambassador gives you a platform to emerge as a mentor and thought leader in the Schoology Community. You also have the chance to collaborate and grow your PLN during a yearlong experience with other Schoology power users.
Fun Fact: 77% of Schoology Ambassadors (19/26 respondents) state that “Expanding my Personal Learning Network (PLN)” is the most valuable part of being an Ambassador.
However, thought leadership and expanding your PLN are not the only perks of joining the program—find out the other benefits by asking one of our Schoology Ambassadors for yourself on Twitter or by using #SchoologyAMB.
Then, don’t miss out on your chance to join the group this year. The deadline to be considered for the 2018-2019 Schoology Ambassador Program is Sunday, October 1.
Want to Get Involved, But Not Sure You’re Ready to Be an Ambassador?
If you want to enhance your Schoology experience, but you’re not sure you’re ready for Ambassador status, then consider joining our newest community program, the Schoology Champions Program. This is a program created for users who want to engage with us in a fun, interactive environment and who want to complete challenges, earn rewards, and have fun! Visit schoology.com/champions to learn more.