Apply Now to Speak at NEXT 2016
This might be biased, but I always tell people one of the main reasons to attend NEXT is the chance to learn from our incredible community members. Our team believes that collaboration and learning (not to mention, awesome food) are at the core of a successful NEXT experience. I'm excited to announce that today, speaking proposals are open for NEXT 2016!
Four Reasons to Present at NEXT
We think there are so many more than four, but here are the most frequently cited reasons to present at NEXT.
- Get your NEXT ticket at a deep discount. Schoology will provide each accepted lecture or workshop session's lead presenter with a $299/person ticket.
- Share your story, strategies, and expertise with hundreds of other passionate education professionals.
- Encourage collaboration on the topics that mean the most to you.
- Empower your peers with actionable insight, workflow tips, and best practices.
Insider Tips: Putting Your Best Foot Forward
In 2016, we are offering content in three session formats and five speaking tracks. It may help you to learn more about these on the NEXT website as you draft your presentation submission. And, after reviewing hundreds of session proposals over the years we have a few insider tips to keep in mind...
- You can apply for multiple sessions, and also apply the same session for multiple session formats. If your session topic is able to be modified for a workshop and a roundtable, apply for both so our committee knows you're flexible to present in a variety of formats. (Note--it helps to draft your presentation in a separate doc for easy reference.)
- Don't forget the title! A catchy, descriptive title will be noticed by the session review committee and conference attendees.
- Draft a proposal that is applicable to a wide variety of attendees. Be sure to consider all the roles who attend NEXT.
- Alternatively, draft a proposal that is applicable to a very targeted role or a "deep dive" into a specific topic.
- In any session proposal, be clear about the objectives that attendees can expect to learn from your session and how these can be achieved through Schoology. Knowledge gained at NEXT should transcend the conference experience to enrich attendees long after the conference ends.
Apply to Speak by March 23
Apply now to share your knowledge with hundreds of fellow education innovators from the Schoology community. Speaking proposals are open through Wednesday, March 23 and accepted speakers will be contacted by email in mid-April. Don't forget Earlybird pricing is still available until March 11, so be sure to save your place at NEXT sooner than later.
We are happy to address any questions about speaking at NEXT or about the conference in general if you email the team at email@example.com. See you in July!
Share your excitement: #SchoologyNEXT